Total disconnection to celebrate Earth Hour
Castilla Termal Hoteles wants to demonstrate its commitment to the environment by joining La Hora del Planeta this Saturday.
Castilla Termal Hoteles joins the WWF Earth Hour challenge one more year and between 20.30 and 21.30 will turn off the lights of its four hotels, encouraging its guests and employees to be part of this awareness-raising action. In its objective of sustainability and care of the planet, the chain actively carries out a multitude of measures such as:
- The water management plan, which saves 17,600,000 liters of water per year.
- Self-supply with the use of renewable energies and thermal productions based on geothermal energy and biomass that produce cold and heat.
- Measurement and control of energy and thermal consumption.
- Waste management and creation of composting plants.
- Disposal of single-use plastics.
- Use of biodegradable products.
- Year-on-year decrease in carbon footprint.
- Supply with local producers and organic own gardens.
As part of this Earth Hour, and to involve guests in this action, from 9:00 p.m. - closing time of their thermal pools - all hotels in Castilla Termal Hotels will keep them open with jets, lights and music turned off, until 21.30, creating a relaxing and disconnected atmosphere lit dimly with candles.