Castilla Termal Hoteles or how to save more than 17 million liters of water per year
On the occasion of World Water Day, and within its sustainability plan, the spa hotel chain aims to raise awareness among its guests of the importance of responsible management and inform them of the measures they take to maximize their water resources.
Did you know that Castilla Termal Hoteles saves the equivalent of filling the Santiago Bernabéu stadium 18 times a year? The first chain of 4 and 5 star spa hotels in Spain, with four establishments in Castilla y León and Cantabria, carries out important sustainability policies that, in the case of the management of their water resources, save 17,600,000 each year. liters of water.
One of the hallmarks of the chain is precisely water. It is one of the fundamental engines of the operation of its spas and all its establishments, since they use their mineral-medicinal water catchments with multiple properties to provide well-being to their clients. A sustainable management of this natural good is a moral imperative for them, and on the occasion of World Water Day they want to inform and raise awareness among their visitors of the importance of carrying out policies of sustainability and respect for the environment.
In this sense, how do they contribute from Castilla Termal Hoteles to a responsible use of water?
-Use different counters by areas to measure and control efficient use and to remedy possible leaks effectively.
-Law of pools in Castilla Termal Monastery of Valbuena: renew 3% of the water in their pools daily. Nothing is wasted from this water. It is collected, treated, purified and used to irrigate gardens and to supply 100% of the installation's toilet tanks with water.
- Automatic control, drip and rain sensors to use only the necessary water.
- Use of native plants that do not require much more water than the environment naturally supplies.
- In Castilla Termal Monastery of Valbuena: Irrigation of 2000m2 of organic garden and 4500m2 of vineyards with treated water from the Riaza canal. 0 liters of water from the public network are used for this purpose.
- In Castilla Termal Balneario de Olmedo: Use of own water collection, exclusively for the irrigation of all the green areas of the hotel.
Use of low consumption systems
- WC button with half load function.
- Filters and aerators in taps that reduce consumption by 41%.
- Water economizers in showers that reduce consumption by 50%.
- Mono controls with flow limitation.
In the policy of washing towels the customer is involved, giving him the option of not changing them daily. In addition, efficient, non-polluting and non-polluting cleaning products are used in the water.
Actions exclusives dans chaque hôtel
- Castilla Termal Burgo de Osma: avec sa collecte d’eau à 648 m de profondeur, ils fournissent 100% de l’établissement, sans fuite ni déchet, tirant parti de 100% de cette ressource en eau car, de par ses propriétés, il est utilisé spa et piscines comme pour la consommation humaine. Aucune eau n'est utilisée du réseau public.
- Castilla Termal Balneario de Solares utilise l'eau de la source de Fuencaliente pour son spa et pour la consommation de l'ensemble de l'établissement. Les propriétés de cette eau la rendent utile pour les services et l’eau du réseau public n’est pas utilisée.
- Les piscines de Balneario de Olmedo de Castilla Termal sont sans produits chimiques car, en raison de leur concentration en sel, elles génèrent leurs propres désinfectants selon une méthode connue sous le nom d'électrolyse saline, ce qui les rend idéales pour la peau atopique et pour l'élaboration cosmétique. naturel
L'eau est notre moteur, nous utilisons ses multiples propriétés comme source de bien-être pour nos clients et la gestion durable de cet actif est l'un des piliers fondamentaux de nos politiques de développement durable.
Exclusive actions in each hotel
- Castilla Termal Burgo de Osma: with its water collection at 648m depth, they supply 100% of the establishment, without leaks, or waste, taking advantage of 100% of this water resource, since due to its properties, it is used both in spa and swimming pools as for human consumption. No water is used from the public network.
- Castilla Termal Balneario de Solares uses the water from the Fuencaliente Spring for its spa and for the consumption of the entire establishment. The properties of this water make it useful for both services and water from the public network is not used.
- The pools of Castilla Termal Balneario de Olmedo are chemical free since, due to their salt concentration, they generate their own disinfectants through a method known as saline electrolysis, which makes them ideal for atopic skin and cosmetic elaboration natural.
Water is our engine, we use its multiple properties as a source of well-being for our guests and the sustainable management of this asset is one of the fundamental pillars of our sustainability policies.