Castilla Termal Hoteles focuses its efforts on being the most sustainable spa hotel chain in Spain
They continue their ascent to convert all their hotels into 100% sustainable establishments, with measures in constant transformation to offer their clients a quality ecotourism and a real commitment to the environment.
According to a study conducted last April by the Booking.com booking portal, 85% of Spanish travelers say that when they discover that accommodation is sustainable, they are more likely to book it, even if this means a higher outlay. The current trend in tourism is increasingly focused on these sustainable alternatives that contribute to socio-cultural, economic and environmental well-being.
Castilla Termal Hoteles has been aware since the beginning of the chain of this new need and has it implicit in its DNA. They have always developed environmental care policies, but it is a plan that is constantly moving and transforming to adapt to the new needs of travelers.
Among the measures that stand out and promote its ecotourism offer, are:
- Suppression of the plastics of a single use: In addition, in all its amenities the plastic boats have been suppressed and toothbrushes and bamboo hair are used, as well as the razors or paper cups. In addition, the shoes offered to customers do not carry packaging. According to Silvia González, Director of Communication and Marketing of the chain: “The international traveler is increasingly aware of this type of measures and the national as well. No one has complained about finding the shoes in the room without their corresponding packaging, or because the gels or shampoos are now placed in dispensers. We explain the reasons and after conducting customer perception surveys we could see that almost 100% of customers see it with good eyes ”.
- Reuse of hand soap tablets: From the chain they realized that more than 82% of each tablet was left unused, so they have developed a circular economy project to give a new life cycle to their waste and reuse in a solidary way. The chain recovers, recycles and reuses all used soap bars
in order to reduce waste to zero. Since its launch three months ago, more than 80 kilograms of used soap tablets have been collected and recycled. For recycling they have the Intras Foundation of Valladolid, which has created a soap transformation workshop in which four people are employed. In addition, all recycled soaps are being donated to people without resources in Valladolid to help them meet their hygiene needs.
- Its hotels supply themselves with clean energy, as is the case of biomass in Castilla Termal Monasterio de Valbuena and Castilla Termal Balneario de Olmedo. They measure and control energy and thermal consumption and use LED lighting in all hotels.
- Water saving: Its water management plan allows them to save more than 17 million liters per year. They renew the water of the swimming pools to use it in the cisterns of the baths.
- Composting plants for the recycling of waste and the reuse of organic waste as fertilizer for their vineyards and ecological gardens.
-Ecological gastronomy: They bet on the consumption of zero kilometer products from producers and artisans around the hotels and two of their hotels are supplied through their own ecological gardens.
- Recharging points for electric vehicles in all its hotels.
- Bikefriendly establishments where the use of sustainable mobility is encouraged and various routes through the hotel areas are proposed.
- Promotion of local employment: 98% of the workers in their hotels are from the environment in which they are located and the company prioritizes the participation of women and people in rural areas in the training and training programs.
- Year-to-year decrease in carbon footprint.
“We believe in this way of doing things and we bet on it. We can no longer afford to work otherwise, ”concludes the head of Marketing and Communication of Castilla Termal.