#ECOTERMALCHALLENGE - ELIMINATION OF SINGLE-USE PLASTICS.
The amount of plastic that is discarded daily in the first world calls for a rethinking of the consumption model. We have done this, and continue to think of ways to replace or eliminate its use.
The single-use plastic jars of room hygiene products have been eliminated, exchanging them for 330ml dispensers with natural cosmetics made with thermal water. Bamboo toothbrushes and hair brushes are used, as well as razors or paper cups. In addition, slippers offered to customers are not packaged.
In data, we have stopped using:
- 30ml containers (plastic): 217,000 units are going to be eliminated from now on, therefore this is a waste that will stop being generated.
- Hygiene bags (plastic) that are now PLA (corn paste). In 2018, 29,500 plastic units were bought that will not be purchased again, so savings will also be made on this point.
- Laundry bags (plastic). 9,500 units
- Glasses (plastic) 245,150 units.
- Straws (plastic) 25,250 units.
- Spoons (plastic) 88,800 units.
- Toothbrushes (plastic) 31,200 units.
- Hair brushes (plastic) 10,200 units.
- Shaving blades (plastic) 7,654 units.
- Ballpoint pens (plastic) 23,500 units.
- Combs (plastic) 19,250 units.
- Shoe polish (plastic) 15,450 units.