Hotels with an organic garden, how to eat healthy when you travel?
On the road to Castilla Termal Hoteles for being at the ecological forefront, the idea of hotels with an orchard appeared and they are already operating in two of its establishments: Castilla Termal Balneario de Solares and Castilla Termal Monasterio de Valbuena.
With this initiative, framed in the sustainability plan of the hotel chain, they enhance innovation and care for the environment in the tourism sector and respond to the needs of a traveler aware of the protection of nature.
The keys: social tourism and eco-fiendly
- Give relevance to the local product to enhance the cultural identity of the surroundings of each hotel.
- Provide each dish that customers can taste in the restaurants a purer taste and of the highest quality with seasonal products.
- Offer a healthy and natural kitchen with fresh vegetables, freshly cut, which, in fact, guests can collect if they wish.
- The own gardens contribute to continue with the Slow Food philosophy of their restaurants, that is, eat kilometer and seasonal food, and thus counteract the disappearance of local and family food traditions.
- In addition to all the health benefits, the creation of these spaces also helps reduce the carbon footprint of hotels.
Currently, products such as cucumbers, watermelons, tomatoes, peppers, lettuce or aromatic plants are collected, among others. And they vary according to the time and the area. A declaration of intent that has already come true in Castilla Termal Balneario de Solares and Castilla Termal Monasterio de Valbuena with which guests can taste a healthy and quality cuisine.